Stop Food Moth Infestations - Get Rid of Food Moths For Good!
There are 5 simple steps to removing food moths from your kitchen. Follow up with repeat treatments and you will get rid of moths for good. All of the products found in this category are certified by our suppliers as safe for use in food grade environments, although they should not be applied directly to food preparation surfaces.
- REMOVE your food from the affected drawers or cupboards and vacuum really thoroughly paying attention to edges, cracks and crevices inside and out.
- CLEAN all surfaces thoroughly clean all surfaces that may be affected and leave to dry. Discard any infested foodstuffs within sealed bags
- KILL any eggs and larvae with one of our persistent spray. Apply to the affected storage unit – we recommend either the Oa2ki Organic Trigger spray or Fortefog Aerosol sprays below. All are moth proofer / killer sprays, ready mixed effective solutions, safe for use in kitchens, and bestsellers
- MONITOR / PREVENT moths by placing food moth traps close to affected areas to monitor for adult moths and to break the breeding cycle
- REFRESH food moth traps every 2 months – please remember, with warmer houses food moth damage and moth infestations are now a year-round problem
|Food Moth Killer Kits - Purchase our Food Moth Killer Kit - 6 Months' Protection and you'll save 5% compared to buying separately, receive your Killer Kit the Next Working Day as standard*, and receive a clear guide on how use your products safely and to best effect.|
About Food Moths
The Mediterranean Flour Moth and the Indian Meal Moth are both common pests in larders, pantries and kitchens across Europe. Our adhesive traps for food moths are an effective solution to preventing new infestations.
Female food moths typically lay around 200 eggs and it is the grubs that emerge from these eggs that cause damage, eating food and contaminating it with their cocoons and excrement. Poor food hygiene is obviously a major attractant to food moths and they typically have 2 to 4 breeding cycles per year where allowed unfettered freedom to breed in the pantry or food cupboards.
If you need more information to help you identify food moths, see our Food Moth Identification Guide.
The food moth traps work in a similar way to the clothes moth traps with pheromone bait to attract the male moths and break the breeding cycle. Locate in your pantry, cupboards or similar locations where food and meal moths and their larvae are found after you have destroyed infested foodstuffs and treated the surfaces of your cupboards and pantry with an effective moth killing spray.
We've helped thousands of customers deal effectively with moth prevention and damage by moths - with great pre- and post-sale support so that you're not alone, fast and secure delivery service, clear advice guides and ensuring that you have the right products to deal with your moth infestation, fast!
MothPrevention.com - The UK's Widest Range for Moth Control.
See below for our range of effective cedar products to deal with clothes Moths - backed by our unique 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!